The specialized care you receive at California Oncology is designed to restore, body, mind and spirit by combining the best in clinical medicine, an outstanding staff and services created to meet the individual needs of each patient. It is truly our privilege to serve you.
Our unique "Philosophy of Wholeness" reflects an approach to the treatment of cancer you won't find anywhere else. Here are some thoughts on how you can restore your body, mind, and spirit.
- Communicate how your body is feeling to your care team. Ask questions, voice concerns and get answers.
- Take time to give yourself good care - rest, restore, renew.
- Focus on your body and your care.
- Fuel your body with good things...nourishment.
- Know your disease.
- Know your individual condition.
- Know your options.
- Understand your treatment program.
- Ask questions often.
- Your thoughts and feelings are to be accepted without judgment.
- Don't let statistics or numbers deter you. You can do this. And you will be treated as a unique person, not a diagnosis or statistic.
- Now is a good time to tap into your spiritual strength and purpose in life.
- The human spirit is powerful. Empower yourself to make this cancer journey a positive experience; believe it or not, positive things can come from it.
- Allow yourself to feel all emotions, then choose to embrace the ones that move you forward.
- Take advantage of the support available through your extended care team of nurses, patient services, and others. They can help in more ways than you can imagine.
- Reach out and connect with others. You are not alone.
- Find someone to confide in and walk with through your journey.
- Let yourself lean on people and allow them to help you during this time. It's okay to ask for help, and to let others know what you need or don't need.
- Our goal is to provide you with encouragement, answer your questions and empower you every step of the way.